View Single Post
Old 08-11-17, 20:38

Met up with my friend this morning and he popped over with a number of pieces of test equipment. Nice to know someone with 40 plus years of experience in radio broadcast engineering and a seasoned amateur on top of that!

He was as pleased as I was to run my 19-Set and new dipole system through its paces and find it is all working together so nicely.

3885 khz will be our frequency of choice Saturday. It is right smack in the sweet spot for my dipole. We are going to try and connect at 17:00 hours Saturday Evening CST. Or if you prefer, 23:00 hours UTC (GMT). We were going to try a little later in the evening, but HF traffic increases significantly in the evening and we wanted a more quiet time, just in case either of us ran into issues picking up our signals.

The only potential fly in the ointment at the moment is the fact solar flare activity has been spiking the last few days. Said interference just bumped up from a G1 Level to G2. If it hits G3 by Saturday there won't be much of anything to find or listen to on the ethers.

David