View Single Post
Old 22-03-16, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Webb View Post
After not being allowed to go in the cherrypicker last year (OH&S being quoted) I took matters into my own hands and flew high this year. This still will hopefully give you an idea of the scale of the event, and because of the tree canopies it was necessary to fly over it a couple of times from different directions to see it all.
I was there for the photo - I don't know whose cameras were being used to take them, although I think perhaps Jan's was used at some point. But she is now blissfully on her honeymoon with her mind on things other than khaki for a change.

I did see a participant in the cherrypicker who probably had the necessary qualifications. Will see if he had a good group photo of the vehicles. We did forum photos for MLU and KVE. I spoke to Jan last night and it may be a week before photos are online.

It was a special week this year with a large number of new participants present. I was able to present the Life Member certificate to Alan Newton after the KVE meeting. Alan was co-founder of the event 37 years ago.

When I get home later this week I will transfer my photos to the laptop and post some up.

Great to meet old and new friends there.

best regards,
Richard

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor