View Single Post
Old 11-07-09, 05:03
Corowa Project 30

Default Corowa 2010 - Year of the Jeep

Planning is well under way for the 31st Annual GPA Swim-In and Ex-Military Vehicle Gathering. I now have 48 pre-registered participants and this includes 29 Jeeps.

We should have a competition to see who can guess the correct number of Jeeps which arrive at Corowa in March next year. I am anticipating approximately 200. The website www.corowaswim-in.org has the Entry Form and you will notice we are asking for more specific information on Jeeps. They will be put into categories and John Oldenmenger has drafted a system for the parade and photo shoot he would like to use for this theme.

Please send your Entry forms in ASAP and encourage other people to do the same. With numbers of total vehicles in attendance likely to exceed last years record of 194 it will take more organising.

Feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions on running the event or if you would like to join KVE Inc there is a membership form on our website.

In May we released the third edition of our KVE News and after our AGM in September we will be able to provide more details on the 2010 event. The next newsletter will probably go out in October so if you would like to contribute anything please email it to me. kveinc@optusnet.com.au There are many people who don't have internet access so we would appreciate if you could provide them with current details and even a copy of the newsletter.

Over the past few years we have had some good media coverage. There have been stories and photos in the May 2009 Edition of Truckin Life, July 2009 edition of Jeep Action Australia, April 2009 edition of Owner Driver and a new magazine called The Pathfinder has been released in the UK. Their first edition has a large feature on Corowa 2009.http://www.thepathfindermagazine.com Shortly Military Machines International will also have some coverage.
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT