View Single Post
Old 01-04-11, 14:18
Corowa Project 30

Doug your report on Corowa is great. It is always good to hear different perspectives on the event. Hopefully by mentioning the pre-registration pack people might realise you get excellent value for $10. Next year it will be $15 and even if you aren't planning to bring a vehicle you will probably get a badge, sticker, vouchers, vehicle certificate, calendar, voting form and the information on what is happening at the event. I know people put this aside to read when they get home but quite often they realise they have missed out on opportunities to go places etc. Each person was given a 2012 Entry Form. We have received a number back already and I encourage people to get them in ASAP, even if you don't know what vehicle you are going to take. (You can let me know later.)

I must thank Richard Farrant for the hard work he has put into Corowa 2011. After arriving from the UK on Thursday he helped complete some of the last minute tasks. He is on our Committee and with the internet he will be able to take on some of the tasks I have been doing for many years.

We are after more members who are willing to help out at the event and from now to March 2012. Send me a message if you would like an Application Form. All it costs is $30 for membership and we have introduced a family membership for $45 per year. We encourage our members to put their thoughts forward which has been of great benefit to the event over the past few years.

Our next meeting will be our AGM and General Meeting at Corowa on Saturday 23rd July.

This year we had more commitments related to satisfying the Corowa Shire and it looks like they are going to be able to assist us more. Kendell Chubb, the Shire Projects Officer spent time at Ball Park meeting people and she provided us with a survey which was completed by more than 150 people. This has given the Council information on what we bring to the town. She was amazed at all the newspaper and magazine articles on the event which go back 32 years and the number of times Corowa is mentioned. I am also assisting her with other information for a report she is making and the Council will see how and why this International event encourages people to visit their town.
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT