View Single Post
Old 04-03-13, 03:31

Default Weird or what...?

Hi Folks

By strange coincidence I acquired a 1937 1 ton pick up frame last weekend..... Looking over the rear spring hanger of the C8 against my 1937 civvy frame and I seea lot of similarity.

Alex what is the width of the springs on the C8 you have... mine at 1 3/4 wide front and 2 1/2 rear.....

I have the steering shaft/gear box also ..... will need to go to the barn tomorrwo eveing to check it out....... it looks similar but mine does not have that pipe arrangement on top but a simple pipe plug. Could this haev been a crude fix for a leaking gear box and a cut int he arhces to facilitate refilling...?

Alex can you measure the frame tickness near the location of the muffler support bracket...... which again is identical to the CMP bracket.

My frame is 7/32 thick..... and my C15 a is a solid 1/4 or 8/32. The height of the 37 frame is 7 inches at the muffler bracket location and pefectly flat to the rear like a CMP. In earlier pictures of Alex's C8 where he is fixing the rear corners of the frame..... I seem to have the same bracket arrangements.

It seems the C8 and the civvy half ton frame had a curved in the frame above the rear axle..... the one ton I have is flat and straight as a needle.

I will have more pictures of the frame when weather permit..... I suspect more similarities will be found ....after all the CMP "pilot" were built on/of available civilian parts.

I will attach the few pictures I have... the engione which was the purpose of the whole quest.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
058cropresized.jpg   063resized.jpg   chevro11resized.jpg   chevro12h.jpg   p1010016.jpg  

Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 04-03-13 at 03:42.