View Single Post
Old 16-05-13, 01:13

Guys,

I am trying to work out the rooting of the brake lines and placement of clips in preparation for making new brake lines. I have fitted the remains of the old lines and the master cylinder in the frame to work things out.

-The front section of brake line is probably about the same for all Chev CMPs. Is this section of brake line only held by the two clips just under the radiator?

-The holes in the side of the frame where the above brake line meets the brake hoses....were these holes originally fitted with grommets?

-The rear brake line going from the master cylinder to the right rear section of the frame.
My brake line was cut just behind the cab and one clip remained, which is positioned on the inside of the rear cab support (see picture). Does anyone have a pic of the original rooting of this section of brake line? Is it just a straight line from this clip to just in front of the rear shock absorber...than curving to the bracket which secures it to the rear brake hose....all without clips?

what about the electrical wires running to the rear lights (only right hand side on my truck)??? is this just loosely positioned on the inside of the frame rails or held on with clips???

Comments would be very much appreciated!

By the way, I am still looking for a "brake tee"..."connector"....."junction block"...Chevrolet #596883, please see my thread in the for sale section:

http://mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20272

Alex

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Line2 copy.jpg   Line3 copy.jpg   Line4.jpg   Line5.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by Alex van de Wetering; 16-05-13 at 01:19.