Thread: Some Funnies
View Single Post
Old 11-03-08, 21:52
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Wink Holding out on the Troops..

Jif..
Why didn't you tell the troops that you were having a contest..??

Jif

Quote:
Mar 11, 2008 14:05 ET
Jif® Peanut Butter Announces $10,000 Grand Prize Winner in Nutty Recipe Contest

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 11, 2008) -

Editors Note: A photo for this release will be available on the CP picture wire via Marketwire.

The makers of Jif® Peanut Butter announce today that Lauri Percy of Hay River, NT is the grand prize winner of the Jif® Recipe Challenge ContestTM with her original recipe - Apricot Chicken with Peanut Sauce. Lauri wins a whopping $10,000 plus a Smucker's® basket. Jif® Peanut Butter lovers from across Western Canada submitted almost 100 original recipes using Jif® Peanut Butter, Robin Hood® NutriTM Flour Blend and a variety of Smucker's® products.

"We had so many imaginative and tasty recipes, but we chose Lauri's Apricot Chicken with Peanut Sauce because it was creative, easy to prepare and absolutely delicious," says contest judge and food consultant Dana McCauley.

Other contest judges included Scaramouche Pastry Chef, Lindsay Haddock and Didier Restaurant Sous Chef, Oliver Kjeldsen. They selected the top ten finalist recipes, which were then posted on myjifrecipes.ca to be voted on by online readers. Nearly 3,000 votes were submitted.

"My kids love my Apricot Chicken with Peanut Sauce and I hoped everyone else would too," says Lauri Percy. "I'm so excited I won the grand prize of $10,000, it will definitely help with my kitchen renovations."

Four runners-up were awarded secondary prizes of $1,000 and a Smucker's® gift basket:

- 1st Runner Up - Wendy Lightbody of Brentwood Bay (Peanut Butter Raspberry Brownies)

- 2nd Runner Up - Stephanie Wren of Port Coquitlam (Peanut Butter and Jelly Cream Puffs)

- 3rd Runner Up - Zofia Morris of Summerland (Frozen Peanut Butter and Jam Mousse Cheesecake)

- 4th Runner Up - Marni Fudge of Calgary (Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling)

In addition to the prizes, Jif® Peanut Butter will also donate 60 jars of Jif® Peanut Butter, 60 jars of Smucker's® jam and 60 bags of Robin Hood® NutriTM Flour Blend to the local food bank in each of the winners' hometowns.