View Single Post
Old 14-12-12, 23:17

Default Rip Van Winkle Lincoln

CMPs Sharing Restoration Space with Lincoln

For the last 34 years my CMPs have shared garage space with some other antique vehicles. Well this fall with all three of my CMPs running and on the road I decided it was time for one of those other antiques to be moved from sleeping in the garage to restoration space in the shop. So earlier this month I started on what might be call Rip Van Winkle Lincoln which has been sleeping peacefully for 39 years.

This last weeks project has been moving things like a spare 900+lbs. engine and transmission from garage to shop using the lift arm on the Pat 12 C60L. Then having the Lincoln on a rollback from garage to shop, much of the rest of the week was spent reorganizing the garage so that the C60L and HUP could move into the garage.

The ’49 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Town Sedan was the first car I bought, and was the replacement for another ’49 Lincoln Cosmopolitan Six Passenger Coupe which had been in the family since new. The replacement was necessary as the Couple with well over 100K on the odometer and way to many on salty winter roads had developed terminal rust.

I've the beginnings of a 49 Lincoln page on my web site http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/R...%20Lincoln.htm

Don’t worry about my CMPs I still have a extra bay in the shop to work on them along side the Lincoln. Nor will my participation in MLU change, after much searching for a similar Lincoln forum I can conclusively report that MLU has all the car forums I have view beat hands down. MLU has got to be one of the best groups in terms of responsiveness to questions, thought and detail of response, and just general read ability.

Here is the Lincoln before the Nap

Here is Rip Van Winkle Lincoln waking from its nap

Pat 12 taking part in the move

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com

Last edited by Phil Waterman; 14-12-12 at 23:55. Reason: Missing words