View Single Post
Old 14-04-20, 20:14

A couple of more quick photos.

The first shows the front panel of the Sender with the crud that had accumulated inside the COVERS Assembly, having been cleaned away from the Access Door. Like the two Knobs, the last 202 Workshop overhaul saw the COVERS remain in place and get recovered in a new coat of varnish over existing dirt and paint chips. I had suspected this following a closer examination of the COVERS earlier, when removed from the panel, and a thin varnish ring under the crud on the door confirmed it.

The second photo is of the inside of the Access Door. The CMC Part Number of the door can be seen under a coat of varnish at the lower left bottom edge of the door. I do not yet understand the significance of the large blue "V" Stamp in the lower right corner. I do recall seeing another large single blue letter stamped somewhere else on one of the 52-Set pieces but have not yet tracked it down. In the upper right corner, on the reinforced lip of the door is a round blue CMC Inspection Stamp with the number '700' at the bottom of it. Just above the "V" is a second CMC Inspection Stamp that has been double struck. I can make out a "73?" at this point.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Sender 31.JPG   WS No. 52 Sender 32.JPG