View Single Post
Old 15-04-20, 19:48

Default SOCKETS, Antenna, w/Sleeve & Phenolic Cover, No. C1 ZA/CAN 4258

I was initially thinking I would be able to simply unscrew the antenna feed line from the centre rear terminal of this SOCKETS Assembly and it would lift off with the front panel assembly. Closer inspection eventually proved ’no such luck’.

Of the three machine screws securing the Sockets Assembly to the front panel of the Sender, only the lower left one is mounted directly to the front panel. My recent inspection mirror purchase proved useful once again, as when I took a closer look at the other two sets of hardware behind the front panel, I realized both those corners of the chassis frame had also been reinforced with steel gussets similar to the ones evident in the second photo. Fortunately, there is enough clearance behind the front panel to reach all three hex nuts with my ¼ drive socket set.

The challenge is going to be releasing, and removing the 3/8-inch hex nut on the centre terminal on the back of the SOCKETS Assembly. There is no play whatsoever in the heavy duty solid wire feed to the terminal connector held in place by that hex nut and the terminal connector itself is angled downward, reducing the swing one can get with a small wrench. It’s shaping up to be one of those fifth of a turn, flip the wrench, fifth of a turn kind of tasks.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 SOCKETS, Antenna 1.JPG   WS No. 52 SOCKETS. Antenna 2.JPG