View Single Post
Old 29-01-12, 09:43
RIP

Default Theft

Hi Ryan - welcome to the real world. When I started in this hobby many years ago I also went to properties but was treated with much suspicion as no one knew me and I could have been a thief. I also dropped names of other collectors as an ice-breaker but some of those had blotted their copy books. It took me a long time to gain the confidence of collectors and now I have open access to some brilliant private collections. However I never reveal locations or publish images without the express permission of the owners.

Over the years I have warned people both on MLU and the Queensland based Military Vehicle Collectors Australia about privacy issues and some people have taken notice. I had issues with a member of the latter club who virtually stated if it was on open display it was fair game for photographs and locations. I regard this persons attitude rude and ignorant.

You will notice on my Carrier database on my website only the state is mentioned with no personal details whatsoever.

Guard your privacy and respect others as I will personally put malfactors in their place.

Bob
Website owner - salesmanbob.com