Thread: Market survey
View Single Post
Old 11-08-10, 17:48
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Australian market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Clive,
I agree with most of the above posts too. I would prefer a 2 volume hard cover set with the greater detail.
As for selling 100 sets in Australia I'm not sure about. I think you could do 50 sets quite well. Just off the top of my head I could see Hylands bookstore in Melbourne, Napoleans bookstore in Sydney buying one or more sets each. Then there is always the Corowa swap meet, MLU members and ebay. I'm sure there is more options I'm not thinking of though.
Does Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide have military bookstores?

regards
ryan
Ryan..You may be underestimating the Australian market..
The only "Blitz"..CMP knowledgeable people we see from OZ are usually here at MLU central..BUT>>>>If a hard cover book on CMP's came out with a big CMP on the cover it is a very recognizable vehicle...
Even though there are a few of us here....How many would see the book and say...."Isn;t that a book of dads old army truck..??""and grab it out of nostalgia ..??
Bet there is a hell of a market for that book..
For years after the war those were among the only trucks available for commercial use..both in England and OZ and many other places..until the domestic automotive industry got off the war production footing and so many people would recognize them..not so much in Canada and the US because we sent most of them over seas.
end of rant..
GO .Clive..Go..!!