View Single Post
Old 08-01-14, 10:12
Jeep guy in CMP world!

Hanno, excuse my ignorance, but would the RNEIA (Royal Netherlands East Indian Army) be a link to these vehicles?

Just a thought, I wonder if there are post war photos of Dutch vehicles painted blue, particularly RNEIA vehicles. The reason I ask is that upon looking at disposed of/surplussed vehicles in the Army Registration Number books held by the Australian War Memorial, there are a fare few (I've seen jeeps, can't say I've seen dodge 3/4 tons) vehicles which have been transferred to the RNEIA post war from Aust army stocks. These vehicles had to be surplused and end up somewhere!

I wonder if this is where this dodge came from? There seem to be more numbers in front of the RN or on a different layer of paint (OD) I wonder if this could have been an ARN number? How it got back here in Australia, I don't know, but being in Far west Qld when found, it could have easily made its way back from the pacific in the last 62 years before it was posted on here!

What do you think?

Ian.

1942 Script Willys MB, sn:131175
1942 Script Ford GPW, sn:11730
1944 Ford GPW
1943 #3 GMH jeep trailer
1945 #4 GMH, RAAF jeep Trailer
SOLD: Ford F15A. Aust. #? Office Body.
www.vintageengines.net

Last edited by Ian Fawbert; 08-01-14 at 10:13. Reason: Location of vehicle found was wrong!