View Single Post
Old 28-11-22, 23:14

Default Is it the earliest???? Hanno.......

First thank you Joe for the presence of mind of documenting that cab 11. It is certainly worthwhile trying to gather as much info/pictures as possible for this vehicle and the other possible one suspected to exist out West.

Hanno......... what ever happened to the older registry that a few well guided individuals put together in the late 70s or 80s...... they were done possibly pre computers and a labour of love to say the least. Are there any digital copies still recoverable and could they become a separate thread on MLU???? I envision a special thread that would allow individual to enter their own information and the Forum system would automatically sort them out in descending numbers and sortable by date, location, current owner, etc.
....is such a thing feasible so that once created it would be self maintaining??

There are rumours of a very very early Ford in the outskirts of Ottawa. I have seen the vehicle but did not inspect closely at the time as I was disappointed with the fact it had the later version louvered air vents ........ but certainly worth a second visit which I will do a.s.a.p before it gets worst here around Ottawa.

Winter time is certainly not the best weather wise to go trampling in backroads to check out things but it could be the best time to search out existing copies of these early registry.

I tend to take pictures of every cab 13 data plates I come across......sadly usually missing along with the engine covers of earlier cab 11 and 12 and would happily share on MLU. MLU members must rememebr that only those pictures actually posted on the Forum remain in archives of MLU all other Photo site that provided posting services are very much time sensitive and will disappear eventually. Can the current format of MLU handle the extra documentation and the storage requirements????

I am sure that many of us have in our computers photos or other data that could be pulled together to further document current or even past information.

To allow us to dream ......is it time to remember our timely $$$ contribution to the up keep of the Forum?????

Cheers
Canada