View Single Post
Old 30-11-22, 22:24

Default Supper WITH beer.....

WE had Atlantic snow grabs with sticky mushroom rice AND beer.....

Now to get back to Alex about the ignition key issue.....

Is it safe to assume that very early CMPs had the off the shelf ignition switch with unique keys.....which became cumbersome in service...... so all further model had the ignition key modified with the addition of a chromed insert permanently installed so any one could start the vehicle.....

Here are two photos of instrument clusters...

First one is a very very early C8 Cab 11 ( no registration plate on the engine cover)........ switch lettering looks silk screen printed???
"HEATER" ( Yes it did have a small circular civilian heater located in the pass foot well) a "PLATE" switch ( license plate?) and the last one barely readable as "PANEL" for the lights inside the civilian cluster.

The second photo is my C15a....serial 035xx so not a very early model with vents but NO marker lights on the front fenders, no hooks on dash, no rear axle convoy light, no water expansion tank........

Are there other "ODDITY" that would help identify veryearly production CMPs?

On the David H. listing ....... I do have a copy but was obsessed with how to capture a copy of the link.....and could not remember how to do it. Will now try out the suggested tricks.....

....and tonite for a light supper.....assorted cold cuts, prosciutto, shrimps, soft cheese, Dried Summer German sausage, Italian bread sticks and a cold bottle of ( in honor of our friend down under) Australian Blue Oyster Chardonnay.......

Bon appetit.........

first picture is my cab 11 the other the early C8
Attached Thumbnails
IM000763enlresized.jpg   IM003133switch plates.jpg  
Canada