Thread: Heads Up: Denim Tank Suit news
View Single Post
Old 21-02-18, 09:53

Hi all
I'm in France and bought one pixie to Irfan, with a big thanks to Jim who intitiated it all. I'm on the way to order a Denim AFV tank suit. As I have 11 armoured division black bull insignias, I wonder if I can sew them on it's shoulders ? Pixies didn't have any shoulder titles/insignias, but what about the denim oversuits ?
Also I sent to Irfan an original 1943 despatch rider rubberized coton canvas coat I managed to find here in France. It's very heavy, and I asked Irfan if he can make reproductions even not being rubberized: presumably a quite difficult and expensive process to do for him, and also these coats are so heavy and rigid that a lighter version would be more comfortable to wear, especially on a motorbike as I have a despatch Royal Enfield. The important aspects to reproduce being the general shape / pockets and specific accessories like the leg straps that avoid the bottom of the coat to stand up when riding. He's about to make a first copy, and if anyone is interested you can tell him and we'll see how his sample looks like. Thanks
Jean-Marc

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125345...3/14242665329/