View Single Post
Old 01-11-16, 06:11
carrier mech

The lock on the tool box is not correct. It looks like the original latch was missing, and someone welded on a washer to the front to act as a hasp.

The upside down data plate is just one of those things. I have never seen another, and it looks like it was done at the factory.

From the CFTO modification instruction for the M100 trailer (Installation of tie down ring kits), it mentions the reason for the tie down rings: "for air transportation of the vehicle". I'm afraid I don't have the instruction for the 1/4 ton vehicle, but it will say the same thing.

I note you are missing the knob on your dole primer pump. The original shofter knobs were just press on, and when they got older, they tended to fall off the shifter, so when you went to do your next shift, you would get the shifter poking your palm. I would routinely remove the dole primer knob, cut the shifter a little shorter to where it had enough diameter to support the knob, and then thread the shifter and install the knob onto it. Odds are I did that to the very Jeep you have back in the early 80s, when I worked MSS at Minto Armouries.

Glad you are hapy with the truck, and hopefully you will feel the same way on those late late nights when you are working underneath the jeep with dirt in your eyes, blood running down your fingers mixed with the grease, and nothing is going right.

Last edited by rob love; 01-11-16 at 06:22.