Thread: Books on war
View Single Post
Old 28-07-10, 13:05
"Sid and Errol's Dad"

Post Recommendation

One of my favorite books is "Voices of War", compiled by Michael Caulfield. (I have read it twice, which is quite remarkable as the only 'read time' I get is also, erm, "Toilet time".... At 500+ pages, that's a lot of... erm... poo.)
Name:  vow.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  6.8 KB
The blurb: "Drawn from engagements ranging from World War I through to operations in East Timor and Iraq, the stories are taken from the Australians at War Film Archive, a collection of the memories of over two thousand Australians who have served, both on the front line and at home.
Some are unbelievably, unbearably tragic, even after sixty or seventy years, others are the golden memories of happy, albeit unusual, times. And, more often than not, they are stories which have never been shared with others, even family members.
There are stories from winners of the Victoria Cross; stories from the POW camps of Asia and Europe; from the patrols of Vietnam, through to those who served as peacekeepers in Rwanda and Somalia. There are stories from nurses, from those who have volunteered to serve with aid agencies and stories of ordinary Australians caught up by circumstances and by duty, in wartime. Here are their words."
F15 #12
F15A #13 (stretched)
F60S #13
C15A #13 Wireless (incomplete)