View Single Post
Old 17-01-11, 21:06

Default Just want to share the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Carriere View Post
....and a source of inspiration..... I was running out of breath watching you move around......

Remember is you need bits and pieces we are only as far as UPS....

Bob
Hi Bob

Glad you enjoyed the comic relief of the time lapse photos, been having a bit of problem with the time lapse camera so I've missed a couple of days of dismantling. The pictures below will give you an indication of how far the body is stripped.

Friday afternoon ran into a small glitch, had just finished moving all the parts stripped off the HUP so far to the loft of the barn on the cargo elevator/adjustable height work bench. Got ready to send the last load up when the control switch burned out. Stupid little double throw double pole momentary switch has trapped all the parts up in the loft. I've got a new switch coming from California switch $4.30 shipping $ 7.00 so I figure I'll order a couple of spares.

Thanks for offer of help with parts much appreciated, actually I'm not expecting to need much in the way of CMP specific parts, most of what I know so far will be needed is lots of parts cleaner, paint, elbow grease, seals and gaskets.

As I said on the web site my target is to have the HUP reassembled and driving by its 66th buildday in June 66 years and going strong.

Cheers Phil
Attached Thumbnails
MLU 1-14 Beast Rebuild Camera 0051-14 Beast Rebuild Camera 005.jpg   MLU 1-14 Beast Rebuild Camera 0051-14 Beast Rebuild Camera 008.jpg  
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com