Thread: Info needed: Morris C8 radiator
View Single Post
Old 21-04-17, 14:43
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default thermo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy labbe View Post
I am a bit puzzled by this discussion. I have two Morris C4 for the moment and didn't find a thermostat in any of these two engines and even don't can find a notification about a thermostat in the workshop manual.

On my C4 the airlock valve was missing but luckily I did found a complete set up in Norway.
Even If a thermostat is not an original item in the 4 cyl. engines , it is worth Paul trying a thermostat as an experiment because it might be the answer to his issue. Are there any more of those NOS parts from Norway available ? It has been ages since I last heard from Rolf.

Without a thermostat in the C4 , there must have been some kind of restriction in the coolant outlet from the engine, limiting the coolant flow to the header tank . The thermo syphon system requires that there is a significant temperature difference between the engine and the radiator , this difference aids the coolant flow . If the engine and the radiator are at the same temperature ie no thermostat fitted , then that is not ideal and can lead to problems
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad

Last edited by Mike Kelly; 21-04-17 at 14:51.