Thread: Info needed: Morris C8 radiator
View Single Post
Old 22-04-17, 00:00

Hi gentlemen and where do I start, machining isn't a problem as it's been my trade since I was 15 so no issues there it was just getting use of a lathe, the current castelatated ring has a rubber seal although the reason I am making a new ring is the one I have is distorted due to hammering the thing to remove it over time also I will make the funnel with a thicker flange to stop warpage. I have lapped the ring but where the rubber seal sits it has high spots under the castelation points and these high spots can prevent a good seal. I also have new rubber to make a new seal when all is done, in regards to the thermostat it does mention one in the manual but for only "quick warm up reasons" and not for any pressure holding in fact the engine has a bi-pass pipe that goes around the thermostat. I will send my spring to a company in Brisbane on Monday as they reckon they can make a stainless replacement, not sure the new pressure of this spring will have any adverse effect but my reasoning would be it will greatly improve the seal at this point. Fan belt is working and no slippage noted. The manual doesn't show the thermostat but does mention it so I for no other reason than elimination of a problem would like one if anybody knows where?
Thank you all and I am open to all advise, thanks for the photo Guy and my assembly is the same as yours.
Paul