View Single Post
Old 07-10-06, 03:19
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Actually,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Darrell Zinck
[B]Hi Alex

So you're saying Hunter should not get it?

After all, he's no Infanteer.

I would also argue that anyone outside the wire over there, are all equally potential targets for the bad guys.

Darrell...

I did not say that Hunter should not get it...I was talking about rules and regs...

Here is what I said..,

Darrell...
Pay and allowances policys haven't changed in this aspect since I got out 30 years ago...
While I hate to see any of our troops hurt and am wearing my red shirt today,there has to be rules and regs and discipline..
When on TD(Temporary duty) certain pay and allowances apply...when you are off that TD ,the goodies stop..
Jump pay and flight pay is the same .,..when no jump ..no fly..no pay..
Our normal pay and allowances continue,so would the wounded members...
So nothing has really changed..
God bless our troops.

As far as I'm concerned,if you are posted out of the country for 6 months,or how ever long..your pay and allowances should continue until the end of your tour...If you are hurt,I would assume that your are still attached to that units strength...maybe not but I guess this is where they(The powers to be..) start drawing lines...
Anyone wounded should be monitarly compensated the same way insurance companys pay out....with out the long legal hassels...
There are lots of ways to cut the soldiers pay in a hurry for any number of circumstances..but there has to be some new ways in place that a wounded soldier gets compensation just as quickly,with out some long song and dance about elegibilty..a means to cut the red tape..
And Rob...
You telling me that a qualified pilot,flying a desk ,and no longer flying,but still qualified gets flying pay...???
I don't think so......
But things can't have changed that drastically in 30 years...