View Single Post
Old 01-01-17, 03:13

Default Wiring Conduit

Whilst the hull is intact and the floor in brilliant condition, it amazing how many parts are not there. Fortunately, I've got a lot of bits on the shelf so I'm only chasing some small stuff, (Wayne - I'll sort through your pile and take it off your bill).

I've spent the last few days sorting through my pile of wiring conduit and ended up with a full set of original conduit where all the joiners match those already in the carrier.

I have to thank Rick Davies for the technique in getting the conduit apart after 70 years - one bottle on MAP gas, a few hours work and here we are (For the observant you'll notice that I have two pipes around the wrong way.) I only have to make two 3/4 pipes out of some of the spare pipe and its complete.

Yes, it is a 3" Mortar Carrier, photos are attached as requested. The cover is the nearside (left) cover as the brackets are spaced differently on the offside (right). No sign of any handrails having been fitted.

Unfortunately no engine cover came with it, so I'd very much appreciate some drawings/ dimensions for the brackets fitted to the cover to secure the mortar.

I'm off to tend to my unicorns.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2009.JPG   IMG_2008.JPG   IMG_2005.JPG   IMG_2007.JPG   IMG_2004.JPG  

"He who has the tiger by the tale, is often afraid to let go" - Confucius

Ford FGT No.9 (long suffering restoration project)
25 Pdr (Under Restoration)
No.27 Artillery Trailer (Under Restoration)
Bit and pieces of a 2 pdr AT (Looking for bits)
LP2a Carrier - 3" Mortar Trials (Restored)