View Single Post
Old 06-01-17, 07:09

Hi Paul,

All I can say is that you're fortunate enough to live somewhere that doesn't have draconian gun laws and restrictions. Most states in Australia wont permit the private ownership of a mortar of any description, even if it is deactivated. Similarly most that were in private ownership have been surrendered to the government and now such things can only be found in museums and a few private owners who are fortunate enough to have been given a special permit or a armouers licence. In NSW you cant own a mortar, anti tank gun, artillery or a anti aircraft gun unless is is completely deactivated, on permanent display to the public, and the authorities have given you a permit to do all the above.
Like I said......draconian.

Don't get me started on the silly requirements for having a plastic, non-firing replica.

So in this part of the world things like 3"mortars tend to be very rare, hence the unicorn analogy.

More importantly, Phillip has a great looking LP2A mortar carrier, which once restored will look great, and would only be enhanced further by the addition of a 3" mortar stowed on/in it.