View Single Post
Old 14-09-18, 15:10
carrier mech

Not sure if the armour being used was Mexas, but I can tell you that the Leos were stripped of their add on armour at the end of the mission, and sent back separately. I believe it was due to the extra weight in shipping.

Funny story about the belly plates, which were quite large and quite heavy. I had to go to the weekly production meeting in place of my boss as he was away. One of the military guys who was stripping and shipping the armour brought up that they had a problem with the belly plates.....the forklifts could not lift them from the ends to stack them into sea containers. The collective group then went off on a tangent about how they could use the crane from the ARV, but would have to stack the sea can on another sea can in order to get the crane boom somewhat level to get into the can. While all this discussion was going on, I had elbowed a friend (still in the military) who was sitting next to me and in amusement whispered two words: "sideloading seacan". Well he ratted me out by raising his hand and saying "ET: Rob Love had an idea about using a sideloading seacan". The military guys immediately realized that they had missed the obvious solution, (they even had several of these sea cans in their pile) and while the ET did not admonish me for not speaking up, I could tell the real meaning behind his words.