View Single Post
Old 03-12-11, 00:31

Hi Richard

thanks for the reply, I posted the question because its a code that I have not seen before. the vehicle registration also seemed a little odd to me being a postwar ZB registration No. On the contract card from deepcut whence this information came many of the other ZB vehicles on the same card were MELF and BAOR, with a small number UK based.

I did speak to Clive earlier, his suggestion was that... "in the late 1950s one of places (for disposals) was 41 "A" Vehicle Depot RAOC Burn, Yorkshire." This is apparently near Selby on the A1. the vehicle itself was registered in Manchester, not a million miles away. So that maybe a possibility.

Something else that struck me on the Census card was that the release date of 1958 was a good couple of years later than all the other vehicles on the card and indeed the vehicle itself, a Humber Box underwent an 'S' class rebuild?? in April 1955. I'm still unsure what this means, but it does to me suggest that it was being cared for by some one!!! why was it not just struck off like the others?

Anyways

thanks againn for your help, if you find an endless source of rear wheel cylinders then that would be great!!

kind regards

Nick