View Single Post
Old 07-06-07, 04:08
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Re: RCE and Bomb disposal info needed

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Please explain?
Sure Tony. There are various levels of EOD training that have been standardized for Commonwealth and NATO countries.

"HA" or EOD Basic trained means the soldier has basic EOD training and is familiar with EOR (Explosive Ordnance Recognition), IEDs, and the S.A.N.D.I. protocol (Stop, Assess, Note, Drawback, Inform) This course is taught at CFSEME, CFB Borden, Ontario.

"HB" has two classes: EOD Phase II (SURFACE) and EOD Phase II (NAVY) for Clearance Divers where you learn to handle plastic explosives, det cord, etc. and learn to blow in place. You also learn to use the mine suit and equipment such as the Disrupter. HB courses are taught at the U.S. Naval EOD School and at Eglin A.F.B.

"HX" is an advanced course in Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical weapons. It is a 2 week course also taught at the U.S. Naval EOD School and Eglin A.F.B. There is an advanced 4 week HX course taught in the U.K. at the Army School of Ammunition in Kineton, U.K.

There are other "H" courses taught, but these are the big three for Canadian Engineers. I could go into greater detail, but this is it in a nutshell.