View Single Post
Old 10-04-19, 17:39

This is undoubtedly going to be a long project and I am carefully avoiding any thought at all about an anticipated completion date for it. The bright side of this, however, is the lack of stress about ‘finishing on time’. It will be done when it’s done.

The other nice thing about this approach is that it allows one to focus on and enjoy the little milestones as one reaches them. They don’t get brushed aside because of looking so far down the road at ‘meeting the deadline’.

I reached one of those little milestones this morning when I was able to reinstall the two Holders, Watch on the fronts of the Receiver and Remote Receiver. These were removed back in the early 1960’s, when the receivers were still in service and the three empty holes at the top of each panel were a constant reminder of the missing parts, and they were the only missing parts on both receivers.

There are still a few rusty/worn hardware items I want to swap out for better condition ones on the main set receiver and a few other physical things to attend to, but it is finally getting close to the same condition physically as the remote Receiver.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Receiver Completed Panel.JPG   WS No. 52 Remote Receiver Completed Panel.JPG