View Single Post
Old 21-07-05, 15:14

Default Benefits of MVPA/OMVA etc. membership???

Hey All,

Just thought I'd finally get around to asking, but what exactly are the benefits of being a member of the various MV vehicle organizations out there? I can understand networking with other MV enthusiasts, but in this age of the internet, is that really a good reason anymore? Sure you can get their publications, but again, with the 'net I don't see the benefits as well. I've looked thru Supply Line and the like, and they seem to be more of the print versions of the websites I already have bookmarked, or print versions of how tos or articles that are answered on a monthly basis on several of the online forums out there....

I've never joined in my scant years of MV ownership, but know many that have bought a membership as soon as they get their vehicles. I'm just wondering if there is a benefit that I don't know about? Cheaper sources of veh. insurance, discounts somewhere? Aside from belonging, what is the draw?

No slight against anyone that is a member, this isn't a rant against the groups either, it's just that I've never actually seen what the membership dues actually pay for...

Tim