View Single Post
Old 15-03-15, 03:16

Well, I've been quiet on the forum, but active away. After gathering parts, advice, and information, it's time to get active again. With thanks to those who have been kind. Over the last few months, I've soaked the engine and plugs with a diesel/oil solution, and have been very liberal with WD40 to loosen everything up. I've been reading the workshop manual that Keith kindly found, and I've been talking with a mechanic, who rebuilds old cars and bikes. I'm learning. I've also picked up a second K5, with a steel cab, for parts use.

I went to Corowa yesterday. Was humbled by the welcome and kind words I received, from people I know and a few I'd never met. Being the newbie, I figured that I'd wander around by myself, but I spent a lot of time chatting with friendly people. That welcoming and friendly feeling is a credit to so many of those there. Thank you.

After seeing several hundred military vehicles, I decided to get off my bum, and I must've been excited when I got home. I spoke with my very supportive wife, who decided that we need to make a plan, so we can get the truck ready for 2016. And so, it gets busy!

I've arranged to have the timberwork replicated as a training project, for material costs alone. That'll be very handy. I've taken hundreds of pictures, showing as much detail of the truck as possible, so I'll be able to work out how everything goes back together.

This thread will be where I post actual work on this truck, while the thread in the main forum will be for handy discussions about the type in general.

So, it continues. Please excuse my enthusiasm! As I say, I'm open to suggestions, thoughts, and corrections. I'd like to see at least one WW2-dated International at Corowa next year.

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited by Matt Austin; 15-03-15 at 13:41. Reason: Typos