View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 16:52
(Michel Sabarly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Donckers View Post
Wow that Image from Spitfire IV is spot on , I thought it was II because the paint remains on the weld were almost completely gone , the first I is clear .
Rest is also spot on , the additional aerial bracket is on the same spot , hole for cable goes through hole in turret wall,No side skirt strips , and additional armour plate position is the same .

About the aerial on the right front on Avalon , and on mine , there is more room in Avalon , then in a standard Gun tank , in mine there is only the space in front of the ammo bin , a 19 set will not fit In there !

Was Spitfire IV also involved in the Battle around Overloon ?

This is very interesting , it is another bit of history from the Netherlands Surviving , so I have to Speed up the Restauration .
I will take some pictures from the turret .
Hello Maurice,

Great to know that another Sherman from a Flail unit survived and will be restored!
Did you find any trace of a turret number on your tank? It is possible, or rather, it is likely, that there was none, because it appears that replacement tanks in Flail regiments were seldom given a turret number (and SPITFIRE IV is the third avatar of the original...), but it would be nice to find one!

Michel