View Single Post
Old 12-02-17, 16:45

A bit of a curiosity has popped up with these Mountings.

The Truck and Ground Installation Manual for the 19-Set in the 15-cwt (House Type) and HUW Series of vehicles states the mounting hardware for the wireless tables in these vehicles is 1/4 inch x 20 x 1 inch hex bolts. This makes perfect sense as the table thickness in these vehicles is 1/2 inch plywood. The combined thicknesses of the wood, bridges feet, table support straps would leave about two threads of bolt exposed after the nut and lockwasher are run home. All nice and tidy.

Now muddying the waters somewhat, I recently ran across a listing of these Mountings, Carriers, No. 1 in a RCEME Parts Listing in which the hardware spec was 1/4 inch x 20 x 1-3/4 inch hex bolt. No application information was provided, but in looking back in this thread, Cletrac, commented on a set of photos that his hardware was about 2 inches long.

This would suggest that some other wireless vehicles utilizing the 19-Set had more robust wireless tables which required longer mounting hardware. Never seen any up close, but a few that come to mind might be Command LP, Command HP and the Matador Armoured Command Post. I just wanted to post this information, before I forget.

David