Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 16-03-07, 22:15

Default Yes but.....

Mikey....

I have seen a smaller stack of tires..... but they are individually wrapped or in pairs of two.......... and are usually the skinny racing car tires...... not big truck tires.

Are we prepared to ask the factory to ship 22 tires or tyres individually....... as seperate items....... if they arrive bulk on skids the poor charmin' old lady can't possibly manhandle them....????

I am working on the assumptions that "bulk" shipment by surface freight would be to our advantage.

I asked the UPS lady at the store if they had a central warehouse in Ogdensburg..... she replied they were served from Potsdam.... which is still not a big issue to drive another 20 miles.

Last time I had tires shipped to my house by transport.... the truck stopped on the road 100 feet from the house..... slashed the cellowrapper and threw them off the skid/truck.... probably would have left them in the ditch except my wife walked out to see him and being a gentlemen he helped her roll them to the house..... even left me the skid.

Charm does come in handy.....

Will continue to search for a central warehouse solution...

Derek has done an excellent job or being our local reps.

NOTE.... anyone else interested in joining the bulk purchase SPEAK UP.... will gladly fery them to CC 6 or the Barrie flea market in June......

Bob C.

BooBee
Canada