View Single Post
Old 08-09-07, 01:13

Default The elusive truck

The truck is parked in a barn in Limehouse Ontario where the owner Frank Grant lives. Frank has aquired an amazing collection of Militaria over 35 years through the process of always buying quality material and seldom selling it, and if it does sell it goes to a high roller. He always had a large number of vehicles around and had them restored correctly by local mechanics and body shops. I'm the one who found this truck and negotiated with the owner. Bill Gregg wan't interested in it so I called Frank who snapped it up. It was complete when I found it and it ran.
I think the price is reasonable and it amazes me it hasn't sold.
How long would it take in your life to restore a cut up wreck to this configuration?? At least one year of hard labour and when you were done you'd have 10 grand in it. It's not like Levy's was still around, when we were filling trucks with all we could grab for $40. Frank is a registered Museum (A Call to Arms) and has been around for 25 years that I know as a Museum. He has someone else list for him because (really) he is a busy guy. No website or E mail either. Need more???