View Single Post
Old 02-02-14, 01:33
Tony VAN RHODA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex van de Wetering View Post
Phil, Bill, Terry, Tony,

Tony....you were born in Hillegom? You do know that's where Hanno lives? And right around the corner from where I live (Hoofddorp). Fascinating. You must remember the brick factory(?). Indeed V1's were launched from Vogelenzang, close to Hillegom. Would you believe that they actually found a V1 in a field today!?....in the Eastern part of Holland though.

I will try to add some more then and now shots soon.

Alex
Hi Alex

Yes mate I was born in Hillegom, in my grandmothers house, Meerdorpstraat 13. The house and those surrounding my grandmothers house were all knocked down some years ago, but I guess that's progress. It is a small world, my other grandfather on my fathers side worked at the Hoogovens Steel Factory.

I know where Hooftdorp is and have driven there many times on visits to visit family in Holland. I only have an aunt left now, the one holding me in the photo. interesting that Hanno lives in Hillegom, it sure is a small world. I don't recall the brick factory, I was 7 years old when we immigrated.

Keep the thread going Alex, we learn so much from our past which has been a passion of mine for years. I have a cousin in Spaarndam who does a lot of research for me.

Cheers

Tony