View Single Post
Old 09-02-18, 20:21

Default Use the same approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex van de Wetering View Post
Maybe the attached scans are of use for anyone wanting to make there own gaskets (please check size on normal paper first before using actual gasket paper!).
The brown coloured gaskets are the ones I made myself on gasket paper as suggested by Grant. The black ones are the ones that came from a set I bought (can't remember which supplier it came from).

I actually used the homemade ones, and ordered a set as a spare....just so I could continue with the gearbox.

Please note that there is some difference in the gasket for the prop shaft side between the ones I made myself and the one available commercially. The one I made myself was actually copied from the one that came from my gearbox when taking it apart.

Alex
Hi Alex

I've been using a similar method to produce gaskets. My method is to scan into my computer at High Resolution either a new gasket or in the case of smaller parts putting the actual part on the scanner and scanning them. I then send the image from the computer to the printer which I load Manila Card Stock in and print out a nice full size gasket. Spray Permatex High Tack Spray on both sides, with two coats it saturates the card stock.

Your method of adding a ruler to the scan is a good double check on the size that the computer, or printer is not trying to out think us and re-scale things. Your PDFs are a good add to the MLU knowledge base. Have you already cross posted to the How-To heading?

Nice thing about this approach is you need a gasket you just go print one. How are you punching the holes?

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com

Last edited by Phil Waterman; 09-02-18 at 20:23. Reason: wording