View Single Post
Old 11-02-18, 10:12
VMVC

Default F-15A harness?

Hi Dave,

That harness is a new one to me. Looking closely at the plug it appears to be a BAY15D size plug. It has two contacts and side locating pins at different heights. On that basis it does not plug into the dash socket which is a BA15S socket. All sockets are single contact types on all lights except the headlights.

Hard to tell from the photos, but it appears a couple of very sharp bends at various points on the harness. Could they be wires twisted and soldered together? If that be the case, it could be a jury rig for some purpose such as using the battery for auxiliary lighting? Still can't figure out however, why one would plug it into a headlight socket if that is the only type it fits.

Yellow with a black trace is the headlight wires colour. The remains of what appears to be a grommet is interesting too. The only place I have seen one on a harness is where the harness goes from the engine compartment to the back of the dashboard. See middle of attached photo.

A real enigma, but perhaps I got the ball rolling and someone can positively identify it so we can all be the wiser.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3671.JPG  

Jacques Reed