View Single Post
Old 24-05-20, 20:14

Default TMAPC Dodge T110 D60

Hello everybody!
I try my first post on this forum, which I visited from time to time, for quite some time !

I wanted to share with you few pictures of Dodge T110 in 1944 !
10 years ago, knowing my interest in WWII, my neighbor at the time introduced me to her Dad (unfortunately died since ), who told me he spent one year driving trucks, including a Dodge T110, in a motor transport regiment created by the Free French Forces in August 1944, to help the liberated populations (humanitarian aid convoys), within the T.M.A.P.C. !

Refusing to leave to Germany for the STO (Service du Travail Obligatoire), he hides in Brittany until the arrival of the Allied Armies.
Brittany partly liberated, he enlisted in one of the first created French transport companies, which later became the M.T.C. (Military Transport Companies), in the English combat zone, and the F.T.G. (French Truck Groups), in the American combat zone. , ultimately forming the 5 regiments of the “Transports Militaires Automobiles pour les Populations Civiles” (T.M.A.P.C.)(military motor transport for civilian populations).
From his "travels", as a driver at the Company 101 of the 1st Automobile Regiment "Bretagne", he brought back 12 photos of these Dodge. Like most drivers, he had fond memories of the “Big Dodge”, a very reliable and rarely broken down vehicle.

(5 pictures attached)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hayange.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	114286 Click image for larger version

Name:	Olenfurt (1).jpg
Views:	13
Size:	494.9 KB
ID:	114287 Click image for larger version

Name:	Olenfurt (2).jpg
Views:	10