View Single Post
Old 11-09-11, 16:28

Default Question for David

Hello David,

seeing your name pop up reminded me of a question I was asked this last week about one ton WW2 Dodges.

We know the Canadians built a pile of 133" one ton panel vans for the Commonwealth Forces, as they are seen in brochures and in a good few period shots, mostly in north Africa kitted out as Ambulances.

I'm sure when we chewed though this some time back we noted that there were bundles of 133" and 120" wheelbase trucks procured, which puzzled me, as although every single one of the one ton 133" wheelbase trucks could have been panel vans ( possible, but unlikely I'd suggest ) the 120" one tons would have to have been pickups, as that chassis length only came as pickups ( half ton panel van is 116" wheelbase, one ton panel van is 133" wheelbase, but one ton pickups came as either 120" or 133" wheelbase )

Can you give me an indication of the total number of 120" and 133" wheelbase trucks procured on S/M's please? If there were relatively few 120", then it might just have been a handful of pickups for general use that never left Canada, but if there were a substantial number of 120", even if quantities of 120" and 133" were relatively similar, we might infer that 120" one ton pickups were shipped and used up the sharp end - we just haven't seen pictures.

Thanks in advance for any numbers you can give.