View Single Post
Old 20-06-12, 23:17

Default Well if all goes well the HUP will drive out of the shop tomorrow

Hi All

Well the HUP will drive out of the shop tomorrow under its own power 1 year 6 months 16 days after it last drove into the shop under its own power. Which is about 1 year longer than I had planned.

It will be driving out with the front wheels doing the power because, when I moved the chassis back into the shop earlier this spring I backed it in which put the passenger side nearest the wall and I can't quite get the shaft in and I don't want to cut a 8" hole in the wall to feed the shaft in.

Today was the first day of summer and it hit 90 F (32C) by 11:00 AM with the humidity 65% in the shop. Spent the day tidying little details on the wiring harness, things like treeing the wires behind the dash so they don't hang down. With the engine running the lights are now quite bright which is an improvement over the other day.

Topped up all the gear lube in the the trans, transfer, and axles. Greased all the fittings as well. Only thing I have to remember to do is put the lub in the steering gear box tomorrow, just put a reminder on my calendar.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com