View Single Post
Old 22-11-16, 02:31
Centurion nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian H View Post
Hello all... seeking some assistance on identifying a unit identification marking. I've kinda hit a roadblock...not sure if it's part of the 6th Division or if it's 133 BTTY?? Blue and yellow division patch? Lost at this point! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Brian

Brian,

What you have is not a formation insignia for the 6th Division during the Second World War but what I believe is probably a post-war unit insignia for 133 Transport Company (Militia), Royal Canadian Army Service Corps. The diagonal blue over gold rectangle is the tactical sign for the RCASC. The white strip at the top designates a non-divisional unit. After the war units stencilled their designation on it. I believe that the stencilling was AHQ ordered.

All numbered Militia RCASC transport companies were re-designated as Service Battalion transport companies circa 1970, so the timeline for what you have is probably sometime between 1946 and 1970.

The white 6 is interesting however. Let me look at my files and I'll see what else I can dig up.

Feel free to ask any further questions on this, if you have any.

Cheers,
Dan.