View Single Post
Old 08-04-17, 00:07

Default Things have been quiet around the barn........

.........but Spring is around the corner, most of the snow has turned to mud and will get worst once the ground thaws out and the mud turns to chocolate cake icing.

Positive signs are........ first...

Phil Waterman, lives about 400miles from here, was contacted by someone wishing to save some CMPs from the scrappy....... happens to be just an hours drive from the Barn........ nice how the system works. One Chev, One Ford and one M43 radio truck....... all put away soaking wet many years ago but still they are a source for parts. Plans are to visit soon with a camera and make an offer so we can truck them home.

Second sign of Spring .....

Was referred by Jim Fraser...... a new CMP hobbyist, recently bitten, has brought home what seems to be an early Chev cab 11...... with circular air vents but no marker lights on the front fenders and sporting a woven Ford grill just like mine. Truck was found on a farm North of Toronto....... parked for over 40 years but very complete.....as usual the cargo box was replaced with some other late 30 box but has a 261 engine installed. I will be posting some of his needs pending his membership being approved by MLU moderators.

Third sign of Springs......

...... I am looking forward to returning to the barn for active duty.

I had an unexpected urgent quadruple by-pass on February 16th and so far I am still vertical. Happened so fast had no time to think or get scared.

Getting your breast bone cut open with tin snips, plumbing repaired then sown together with stainless steel wire is an experience. I vaguely remember lying under a Xmas tree holding over 12 tubes all connected to me........ best one is I could pee anytime and not have to get up. Still quite sore but according to the surgeon mending quite well. For a week I hugged a pillow affectionately called "your teddy" ........ no jokes....laughing is a pain..... coughing really gets to you, sneezing unexpectedly like child birth and vomiting.... well would rather not remember. Been over 6 weeks which is about half way but true recovery probably by next Fall in time for felling trees for firewood.

But all this is in the past. The post surgery medication was possibly worst than the operation with all the side effects and that to is gradually improving.

Plans for this year are to finish or refinish and install the roof on my truck..... needs some skin surgery and possibly start repro/reverse engineering a 2B1 cargo box.

Cheers
Canada