View Single Post
Old 25-02-21, 19:25

It certainly pays to review ones notes after a portion of a major project has been side tracked for a while.

I willed myself to do that last evening and it paid off!

The first thing I ran across was the need to get the AE Terminal on the front of the Receiver properly aligned so it points directly to the upper right corner of the FREQ. ADJ. Decal to the left of it. There is not much length in the connector between the Receiver and Sender to play with. I now have the trusty toothpick in place and reference point marked on the upper side of the chassis to adjust this Terminal. All three in the Wireless Set will then be correctly aligned.

The second thing I needed to do was buff down some sections of the two chassis bottom rails on the receiver, where rust had reached the point of small, crusty bubbles, and some corresponding rust bubbles on the floor rails of the receiver compartment in the Carriers No. 4. Things need to be as smooth as possible to slide well on that nasty gloss NATO Green paint that got slathered all over the inside of the Carriers.

There was also a small inward bulge in the upper left side of the Carrier left side panel, near the upper bolthole. It made things potentially snug, so a few gentle taps with a 5 lb. mallet dressed that back nicely as well.

So far so good.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Receiver Terminals, Aerial No. C1.JPG   Receiver Chassis Bottom Rails 1.JPG   Receiver Chassis Bottom Rails 2.JPG