Thread: Penguin Mkll
View Single Post
Old 19-07-13, 20:51
carrier mech

While the paint was drying, I took a foray into the belly of the beast. Raccoon turds abound, so I must use caution in there.

In a survey of racoons in North America, the vast majority of them have Raccoon ringworm. A single ounce of raccoon fecal matter can have one million eggs in it. Ingestion by other than a raccoon becomes a serious matter as the larvae attack the host body looking for a raccoon, or else escape. They attack the central nervous system, the eyes,the brain, or leave rashes where they eventually leave the host body.

For more on this important subject check out Wikopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylisascaris

I will decontaminate the vehicle before working any further on it. However, I held my breath and got a few interior shots.

The vehicle was reported to Sean as having a thrown rod on the cadillac 346 flathead 8. I am on the search for one of these, should anyone come across a spare in decent shape. I would prefer the military engine, although I must do more research on this before I get too hasty and buy the wrong motor.

Interesting on the vehicle is that it has most of it's DND marked 1944/45 run flat tires remaining in good shape. They are 4:50 X16 made by goodyear. A search on google showed them to be starting to get harder to find, but substitutes can include the 16" hideaspares, or motorcycle tires. I will likely get them foam filled, so I am not dealing with flats in the middle of a Manitoba Winter.
Attached Thumbnails
penguinmk2 027.jpg   penguinmk2 023.jpg   penguinmk2 026.jpg   penguinmk2 025.jpg