Thread: 11 Set stuff
View Single Post
Old 03-03-15, 11:17
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Pier View Post
My Wireless operator Private Spoons is always putting the light on. He gets scared in the dark.

Yes Mike I couldn't remember the rod sizes although I knew there are 2 sizes. My aerial base is cast in aluminium. I used one of the 'Golf Bag' ground station mushrooms, machined to fit inside the ally base. I know the mushroom is not quite as wide as it should be for a vehicle mount, but at least it has the correct fitting on top. The toothed base plate came from one of the Australian guys from the Carrier forum. I got the top part cast and machined here, which was scaled up from the limited pictures around of the MK11 version. The whole of the frame that it's mounted on was fabricated by myself from a road work sign that the workers left laying in our road after it was resurfaced. Ron
It looks the part Ron. Who is going to criticize you if it isn't perfect , not me .
Virtually none of the originals have survived . Rory made a mock up .

Do you have the auxillary generator running off the gearbox ? I do have the PTO unit and the pulley but not the generator . You pull a lever on the cab floor I think ??
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad