Thread: 18" tyres
View Single Post
Old 27-01-13, 01:43
Shop Dog

I am currently trying to track down who got the bulk of the gama goat tires my friend had,he has since passed away and his collection was liquidated but i sorted through some of the 10,000 yes 10,000 GG tires on wheels When i bought the load of twenty i brought back last i saw him.

it's very sad he's departed..
i will keep you posted on the search

oh and the GG tires are a chopped nylon non belted tire..i run them on my M37..they are load range C..max pressure is 22psi..they have worked wonderfully for me but they are very soft and have a large contact patch.Steering is a bit tougher and undampened oscillations on washboard roads are an exciting adventure..but in mud and soft conditions the are awesome..i would not however ever consider using them on a dukw..that is pure danger imho...far too much load and with heat buildup and such or overinflation its just asking for injury.If i was planning to load my M37 to the GVW and take it down the highway i would think twice..
They are also tubeless with a split ring..i was shocked..but its the truth..i couldnt believe it when i took one apart to change a valve stem..

Corey