View Single Post
Old 15-09-14, 14:55

Default Responding to Questions about the Video

Hi All

To Bobs questions - Video is next town over, streets are narrow and actually in the main part of town were made narrower a couple of years ago as a traffic calming effort. The speedometer only goes up to 30MPH and then stops, probably a dead bug inside. Speedometer may not be accurate anyway as this truck originally had the 16 inch rims which have been replaced with the 20s you brought down for me years ago.

Yes the video is shot on a GoPro I have a lot more video to edit down and make a couple of videos out of. One problem I'm having with YouTube is extremely slow up loads, got to check my computer and internet connection to figure out why.

Gina- yes this transmission shift very nicely now, before I replaced the clutch plate and got some sticky stuff of the pressure plate during the recent work it shifted horribly because half the time it would not disengage completely. The clutch was so unpredictable once the truck was in second gear it was often just as easy to not use the clutch shift, instead just use the throttle to load and unload while going through neutral.

Tony- This particular video is driving around in the Town of Peterborough, NH which is the Big town near Temple, NH where we live. I've got some really good video of driving around on the back roads of Temple which I will try and upload.

Like having the Pat 12 without the roof, call it my 3 ton roadster. The truck drew a lot of attention at the car show that I was going to in the video. I have before, as found pictures of the truck along with a lot of photos from the Australian Archives, they're mounted in plastic sleeves with magnets put them on one side of the truck. People find them quite interesting.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com