Thread: Sherman Badger
View Single Post
Old 30-08-18, 16:03

Those photos in Hanno's post #7 were not taken in the UK judging by the railway wagons.
It is missing the actual flame projector and has gained a lot of welded on straps all round it, I wonder what for ? The towing hooks on the front eyes are a pattern that I have never seen before and of course the handrail like structure has been added though it is really too low to be much use as a handrail. There is a very heavy towing attachment that has replaced the rear tow hook and something on the rear upper armour plate that is not easy to interpret. It has the early style HVSS tracks which were fairly short lived in service. All the lights, back and front are missing, also the horn. It is hard to judge how long it has been in that position but I would guess more than a week but less than 6 months judging by the dirt and vegetation in front and behind it though you could make a case that the two photos were taken at different times or even locations.

What does everyone else think ?

I suspect that this tank is a prototype that was used for towing duties on a range after its use for development ended.

David