View Single Post
Old 24-10-10, 11:31
Tony Baker

Default Thanks for the info, Keith!

In one way, I guess i'm blessed, as there was no foot plate on the truck when I got it. On the other hand, that means I gotta buy/make one later.

I have applying WD40 to steering wheel nut again today, and will buy a suitable socket?, spanner?, or wrench? to do the job next weekend.

The steering wheel is not too bad, so I will be REALLY careful with removal of the wheel nut.

On a slightly different note, I had a visit today from a gentleman who really knows his stuff with Blitz restorations. He rebuilt a Ford GT which I have seen locally. He pointed me in the right direction for a couple of people who have Blitz wrecks which might be available for purchase. Incredibly, one fellow is right here in Gympie, on a road I have been down many, many times but never saw an intact but rusting Blitz sitting RIGHT IN VIEW, though you wouldn't see it under the large scruffy tree and huge weeds. Until today that is. I went for a drive, followed the directions, and BUGGER ME, there it was!!!!!! I plan to visit in next couple of days.

Mental Note: Must ask my wife to drive more.......so I can just scan the properties for goodies

Thanks again Keith,

Stay tuned.