View Single Post
Old 08-11-10, 11:32
Tony Baker

Default Last Weekend

Went to look at a couple of 'wrecks' last Sunday. They may be of use for limited small parts, but largely rusted out. Cabs completely rotten, chassis intact but all useable parts would be VERY difficult to remove due to location of truck and extent of deterioration from being outdoors for many, many years.

No joy with them at all.

On a more curious tangent......can anyone advise if these wheel cylinder kits are suitable for Ford Blitz? It seems the only way to examine contents is to break the lid or side of tube. The cans are almost too neat to ruin. I'm inclined to just keep them for their novelty value!
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB090171.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	38299

Self explanatory. I finally got a Manual!
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB090174.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	38300

I had planned to take some smaller parts of Cab to sandblasters today, but weather not suitable. Instead I have been shopping for quotes to have new workshop built, so I can work on the truck without fearing the sun or rain (or burglars). Have decided on 6m x 9m, with 3m height. For those in imperial measurements, thats 20ft x 30ft x 10ft height. One third will be walled off from the rest, to be used as spray and sandblasting booth. Workshop will not be built until after New Year, so I will concentrate on refurbishing small pieces which can be stored in my existing shed for now. Additionally, will be gathering some of the spares I have found from recent travels.

Tony